South West Coach Lines standard luggage allowance included within the cost of a booked fare is as follows:
- One item of stowed luggage not exceeding 23kg; and
- One item of carry on luggage not exceeding 5kg.
- Additional luggage and bulky items such as surfboards and bicycles will incur a fee per item.
South West Coach Lines require all items to be packed properly, sealed and be of a manageable size and shape. Where the physical attributes of a South West Coach Lines staff member makes lifting and handling of such items difficult, the passenger will be obliged to render the staff member assistance.
Stowed luggage is limited to luggage of a personal nature that would consist of a person’s clothing and other personal items such as:
- Overnight bag;
- Travel bag;
- Collapsible prams, strollers and baby carriers;
- Collapsible wheelchairs;
- Eskies (not to contain perishable food items); and
- Other substantial sealed carry bags in bona fide packaging .
Hand held carry-on luggage (maximum of one item with a weight not exceeding 5kg) may include camera cases, video bags, laptop computers and items of a similar size which fit into the overhead storage compartment.
Where surfboards and bicycles are accepted they incur a flat rate “Freight Fee” per item. Please confirm details when booking.
- Carriage is subject to the ability to lift and load the item, and the physical dimensions and capacity to carry the item.
- It is required that these items be pre-booked, to secure the required space in the luggage hold.
- Bicycles must be stowed in bicycle travel case to safe safe handling.
- Surfboards and body-boards must be suitably packaged with fins suitably covered
For the comfort and safety of all passengers the following items will not be accepted as luggage on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances.
- Perishable foods;
- Flora and fauna including live plants, livestock or pets. Service animals other than guide dogs or registered companion dogs). Flower arrangements can only be carried as personal carry-on luggage;
- Dangerous goods including fuels, oils, solvents, batteries, ammunition, acids, corrosives, radioactive material or chemicals or explosives;
- Windsurfing boards, surf-skis and kayaks;
- All gas cylinders, including diving tanks. Personal use of medical oxygen supplies is permitted;
- Large electrical items; and
- Small machinery or mechanical devices, components, tools or fluids.
South West Coach Lines accepts no liability for items such as cameras, electrical goods, jewellery, money, tools, bicycles, surfboards, golf clubs or any other luggage that is fragile or that is not suitably labelled.