Terms and Conditions:
- South West Coach Lines (SWCL) or its accredited agents finalise all arrangements of these travel sectors and/or tours upon the definite condition it shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage, loss, accident, brochure misdescription, inadvertent booking errors, schedule irregularity, vehicle defects or through acts of default by any company, tour operator, tourist venue, travel agent or person engaged in conveying accommodation, feeding and booking passengers on all services and tours.
- Is not liable for any and all requests of reimbursement made by an individual in which any of our conditions of carriage apply in regard to service cancellations, human error or in the case of a service failing to collect a booked passenger for any given reason.
- Reserves the right to amend and cancel any scheduled departure for any reason without prior notice to passengers. Attempts to contact passengers will be made regarding cancellations or changes however if unsuccessful, ticket will be changed to the next available service or opened as a personal credit in the name of the booked passenger for travel within 3 months.
- Takes no responsibility for ticket confirmation times or dates where system or human error occur. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to check ticket details thoroughly to ensure all times and or services are correct and contact our booking office should an error have been made.
- May or may not utilise a signed South West Coach Lines vehicle. Subject to vehicle maintenance and or breakdowns, another branded vehicle may be used on any given South West Coach Lines Service without prior notice. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to approach any coaches in and around their designated stop location prior to their scheduled departure.
- Has the right as the principal operator to change prices without notice at any time before or after a booking/reservation has been accepted/paid and cannot accept responsibility for subsequent change, withdrawal of service and price increases from tourist venues, tour operators and accommodation/restaurant properties used as a component of our tours.
- Reserves the right to refuse transport to any person who is considered not fit for or suitably dressed to travel and/or any baggage or goods without assigning a reason.
- Takes no responsibility for any passenger disembarking any South West Coach Lines service prior to their scheduled departure location. Passengers are no permitted/advised to disembark the coach whilst in transit to their destination to avoid being abandoned.
- Does not permit consumption of alcohol, food, beverages including alcohol or smoking on its coaches. Assorted confectionary, snacks and fruit are permitted to be consumed onboard providing the passenger is responsible with disposing of their litter. Bins are located on board all coaches and are available for passenger use.
- Reserves the right in the event of a ticket or booking being cancelled by a customer, to charge a cancellation fee or refuse a refund as per our terms & conditions with ticket purchases being strictly non-refundable or transferrable.
- Takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, stray baggage or freight whilst in transit or storage.
- Reserve the right to inspect any and all luggage either prior to passengers boarding the coach, or whilst in transit.
- Requires all suitcases, luggage and freight items exceeding 5kg to be stowed in the coach’s luggage bins and cannot be taken inside the coaches.
- Should you be a Charter/Tour Group, the person booking is under an obligation to prove the vaccination status of all passengers, such that, you must be in a position to provide proof of the vaccination status of every passenger, should it be requested.
- Ticket purchases are strictly non-refundable and named passenger is non transferrable.
- Providing notice is given prior to the booked scheduled service departure – a ticket may be converted to an open ticket for the named passenger to travel within three months.
- Providing notice is given prior to the booked scheduled service departure – a ticket may be transferred to the next South West Coach Lines service of equal or lesser fare value. Additional payment will be required should the fare increase.
- If a passenger is marked by a driver as a ‘no show’ (failure to board scheduled services) – Ticket is non-refundable or transferrable and is forfeited by the passenger due to not providing prior notice.
Unpaid bookings are not permitted on any South West Coach Lines service and will be cancelled instantly. Any onward/additional or return sectors will also be cancelled at the same time, should payment not be received at the time of booking either online or via phone. Notice regarding unpaid booking cancellations may or may not be provided to the passenger. Failure to pre-purchase a ticket can result in a service not stopping at any given stop location.
Open ticket holders are required to contact our booking office to ensure their open ticket is re-booked onto the required specific service. Reservations must be paid for prior to the date of departure to avoid automatic cancellation. Failure to re-book an open ticket can result in a service not stopping at any given stop location.
FARES AND CONCESSIONS
Infant 0-2 years travel free if not occupying a seat. Discount to children 3-14 years. Discount to Western Australian students aged 15+ provided a current Western Australian student card is produced. Discount to Western Australian Pensioners and Seniors, provided a Western Australian Pensioner or Seniors card is produced. Adults 15 years and over full fare. Concession cards must be presented at time of payment and/or on request. Student and Pension concession bookings cannot be made online.
PASSENGER CONDITIONS – CHILDREN
Infant 0-2 years if travelling free must sit on knee of accompanying adult – minimum age 18 years; CHILDREN 3-14 years inclusive must be accompanied by a person 18 years and over unless deemed fit for unaccompanied travel by the parent/guardian. Children booked unaccompanied on any South West Coach Lines service are done so at the discretion of the parent/guardian who acknowledges that the child will not be under any given supervision whilst in transit.
One (1) suitcase up to 23kg and one (1) carry on up to 5kg is permitted. Excess baggage is carried at South West Coach Lines’ standard rate per sector and may have to follow on another service should the coach be at full luggage capacity. Hard luggage or any items above 5kg must be stowed under the coach, not in the overhead storage compartments.
ACCOMPANIED FREIGHT ITEMS
All freight items are subject to a flat rate per item and is carried at the sole discretion of Management. All freight including surfboards, bicycles, scooters and skateboards must be stowed under the coach. Freight is carried only if capacity exists in the luggage bins. If there is no capacity, then the freight will be transported on the next available service which has room. Correct labelling and appropriate insurance coverage is the passenger’s responsibility. Items stowed under the coach are to be packaged appropriately to avoid damage. South West Coach takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, stray baggage or freight whilst in transit or storage.
Unaccompanied Luggage will incur a flat fee per item and is only permitted on selected South West Coach Lines services. Luggage items are to be strictly pre-booked, paid for in advance and is subject to a maximum of one item, subject to approval by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of luggage as per our luggage conditions. South West Coach Lines do not supply holding facilities for unaccompanied luggage as it is the customers responsibility to meet the driver for loading and collection 15 minutes prior to scheduled time. All items to be carried must be packed properly, sealed, be of a manageable size and shape. For the comfort and safety of all passengers, unaccompanied luggage must be stowed in luggage areas under the coach, and are not permissible inside the cabin, including the overhead cabin storage compartments. Customers are responsible for the appropriately labelling and handling of their own luggage. For the comfort and safety of all customers prohibited items detailed within South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy will not be accepted on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances. Transport of unaccompanied luggage is not permitted on transfer services. Items stowed under the coach and being transported unaccompanied are to be packaged appropriately to avoid damage. South West Coach takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, stray baggage or freight whilst in transit or storage.
Concession Fare and Ticket Conditions
Concessional fares are offered conditionally to the following passengers who are able to comply with requirements to demonstrate identity and eligibility.
- Infant – Aged up to 2 years (to be nursed by accompanying adult)
- Child – Aged 3 to 14 years (inclusive).
- WA Student – Aged 15+ years and in full-time accredited studies, To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid Transperth Student SmartRider.
- WA Pensioner – To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid WA Pension Concession Card.
- WA Senior – To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid WA Seniors Card.
Reservation Change and Cancellation Conditions
- No refunds on ticket purchases will be provided.
- Providing 24 hours notice is given a ticket may be converted to an open ticket for travel within two months.
- Providing 24 hours notice is given a ticket may be transferred to the next South West Coach Lines service of equal or lesser fare value.
- NO SHOW (failure to board scheduled services) No refund, not transferable.
- TOUR PACKAGES AND OVERNIGHT CHARTERS No refunds can be made in respect of travel sections, accommodation, meals, sightseeing, entrance fees or any other services which are included in the cost but not utilised as per Responsibilities and Conditions on relevant tour brochures.
- Cancellation – OPEN TICKETS / BULK TICKETS – No refunds on OPEN TICKETS or BULK tickets. No transfers on BULK tickets.
- All tickets and booking confirmations are valid for travel for the named passenger only.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable.
All luggage carried, stored or stowed is subject to South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy, as stated on South West Coach Lines website.
- General Allowance – Standard luggage allowance per fare-paying passenger includes one item of stowed luggage not exceeding 20kg; and one item of carry-on luggage not exceeding 5kg.
- Excess Baggage – Additional or exceptional luggage items will incur a fee per item and is subject to a maximum of two items approved by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of baggage carriage and holding facilities.
- Unaccompanied Luggage – Unaccompanied luggage items will incur a fee per item and is only permitted on selected South West Coach Lines services, luggage is to be strictly pre-booked and is subject to a maximum of two items approved by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of luggage.
- Manual Handling – All items to be carried must be packed properly, sealed, be of a manageable size and shape. Where the physical attributes of a South West Coach Lines staff member makes lifting and handling of such items difficult, the passenger will be obliged to render the staff member assistance.
- Cabin carry-on items – For the comfort and safety of all passengers, hard luggage or any items above 5kg must be stowed in luggage areas under the coach, and are not permissible inside the cabin, including the overhead cabin storage compartments.
- Labelling – Passengers are responsible for the appropriately labelling and handling of their own luggage.
- Prohibited Luggage – For the comfort and safety of all passengers prohibited items detailed within South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy will not be accepted on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances.
South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy is published and available online. A copy can also be obtained in electronic or hard copy format on request by contacting a South West Coach Lines Booking Centre.
Travelling with a Pet
South West Coach Lines strictly refuse the transportation of any live stock or domestic animals on board and or stowed in our luggage compartment. Transportation in this instance is classified as a breach of the “Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines” and the “RSPCA Policy for the Transportation of Animals”. Service animals such as seeing eye dogs are permitted to travel on board with passengers who have certified approval.
Persons requiring assisted travel with a Companion Dog are permitted to travel with the appropriate certification on South West Coach Lines services. Companion dogs will require a valid identification card issued by a training organisation prescribed under the Dog Regulations 2013. Companion Dogs must have a suitably marked identifying dog coat or harness. More information about Companion Dogs can be found by contacting Seeing Eye Dogs Australia, Visibility or Assistance Dogs Australia.
South West Coach Lines reserves the right to change the conditions of travel without notice at any time before or after a booking or reservation has been accepted and cannot accept responsibility for any consequences arising from the subsequent changes.